AKTU (UPTU) has released the branch change notification at the official website under latest circular section. The Students are eligible to apply for the change of branch after completing their first two semesters of the B.Tech course. The Following rules will be applied for the change of Branch as mentioned in Rules and Regulations for an undergraduate course (B.Tech/B.Pharmacy/BHMCT/BFAD) on choice based credit system effective from the session 2016-17.
Last Date for AKTU Branch Change in B.Tech 2nd year 2018-19 – 23rd August 2018
AKTU Second Year (3rd sem) Branch Change Rules and Eligibility Criteria
1. Change of branch may be allowed against the vacant seats in the following two stages provided that the criteria at the following sub-ordinances are satisfied:
i) In the first year, after the last date of admission but before the submission of enrollment form to the university, the branch change shall be made on the basis of merit (from within the category) of entrance examination subject to clause 6.2of ordinance, This shall be done at the college/Institute level and same shall be informed to the controller of examination.
ii) Change of SHIFT (First to Second and Vice-versa) shall not be allowed.
2. Maximus number of students permitted to change the branch shall be 25% of the students enrolled (newly admitted and readmitted), in the first year in the respective branch (s), subject to the strength of the class not decreasing below 75% of intake approved by AICTE. After branch change, the intake must not be more than approved AICTE intake.
3. In second year, a student with 6.0 CGPA (60%) or higher marks in first year Without carry over papers and passed all the subjects in one attempt shall be eligible for branch change. Re-admitted student/Ex-student/lateral entry student shall not be eligible for branch change.
4. Branch change in second year shall be made only against vacancy in particular branch. Vacancy (V) being defined as:
I= AICTE Approved intake for the branch,
Reg=Number of Regular Students promoted to 3rd semester,
Rep= Number of students re-admitted in 3rd Semester
5. The vacancy shall be calculated in every branch within seven days after the declaration of First year (Main) Result of that academic session as on 14th Agust 2017. Any changes in the result after carry over examination shall not affect the above-calculated vacancy.
6. Fee Waiver category students shall be eligible for branch change only against the approved intake for fee waiver in a particular branch. All norms pertaining to branch change including 1(i), 2 and 4 shall be applicable for branch change of fee waiver category students only against fee waiver seats.
7. Branch Change shall not be permitted to any course where (Reg+Rep)>I, under no circumstances, there shall be an exception to this stipulation.
8. Branch Change in second year shall be strictly in accordance with the merit list prepared by the college /Institute on the basis of total marks obtained by a student in the first year.
9. In case a student has applied for re-evaluation/scrutiny of his/her marks of first on second semester and result has not been declared till the time of change of branch, then such students shall not be entitled to the change of brach on the basis of his/her subsequently revised result.
10. Branch change facility is not applicable to the students admitted to B.Tech (Agricultural Engg.)/B.Tech.( Biotechnology).
11. Change of programme from one to another shall not be allowed i.e a student admitted in one undergraduate programme shall not be allowed to change to another undergraduate programme.
12. The Change of branch if allowed will become effective from B.Tech 3rd semester.
13. The Branch change process must be completed by 30th August of each academic session. Further change of branch shall not be permitted.
This post is all about UPTU AKTU B.Tech Branch Change Rule / Procedure in 2nd Year 3rd Semester. if you have any doubt please comment below our expert will solve your problems.
Thanks & Regards,
Entrance Rank Team