GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted every year. Institutes like IITs and IISc, Bangalore conducts these examinations on the rotation Basis. This national level examination is held in order to test the minds, for the higher degrees in sciences, or Doctoral Programs. The qualifying students in GATE are eligible for the master’s degree or the Doctoral Programs like PH.D in the field of Engineering, Technology, and architecture and other science branches. This time in 2019 Gate Exam will be conducted by IIT Madras
GATE 2019 Registration:
For the detailed information to How to register in the GATE 2019 kindly follow the steps below:
- To register in the GATE Portal candidates have to fill up the Application form through online mode only. This application form will be available on the official website that is gate.iitg.ac.in
- GATE 2019 Application Form will be released on the first week of September and will continue to the first week of October, candidates can fill up the application between this duration.
- In the application form candidates will be required to upload their scanned photograph. The maximum size of this photograph by the candidate should be 480×640 pixels and minimum size they can go is 240×320 pixels. The dimension of the photograph by the candidate should not be more than 3.5cm × 4.5 cm.
- The candidate also requires to upload their signature on the portal. The maximum size of the signature should be 160×560 pixels and the minimum size should be 80×280 pixels. The Dimension of the signature should not be more than 2cm × 7cm.
- The interested candidates also require to upload their qualifying degrees. And if they have any category degree and Dyslexic certificates they need to upload that too in the respective fields.
- After the upload process, the candidates would proceed further and choose the preference of cities where they want to allow the examination centers. They will require to chose three options of cities.
- After this selection, they need to fill up their Identification proof column. They need to give either Aadhar unique identification number, or the pan card number, or other proofs such as passport, driving license, Employee ID or voter ID card. They need to choose any one of them.
- The candidates do not require to send the hard copy to the official address but it is good to take up the copy of your application form along with you for future reference.
The Application form of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering costs about Rs. 750 for the students who belong to scheduled casts, scheduled tribe, and also for female candidates. And for candidates who belong to categories other than this will have to pay Rs.1500. Also if a candidate wants to give this examination abroad then there are another payment rules. For examination in Kathmandu, Colombo, Dhaka, Addis Ababa the candidate have to pay 50 US dollars. And For Dubai and Singapore, the candidates have to pay 100 US dollars.
The important dates of GATE 2019 are as follows:
- GATE online form release date: 1st week of September 2018.
- Last date to submit your Application form: 1st week of October 2018.
- For change in chosen cities (last date): 3rd week of November 2018.
- Date of release of Admit card: 1st week of January 2019
- GATE Aptitude Test: 1st week of February 2019
- Date of release of Answer keys: within a few days of examination.
- Result declarations: 3rd week of March.
- The release of Scorecard: 4th week of march
- counseling dates start from: 1st week of April.